Disclaimer: An investor should consider a Fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. This and other important information can be found in the Fund's prospectus. Obtain a prospectus from our website or at any of our UTC Investment Centres and read carefully before investing. A receipt for the prospectus offering the security has been issued by the Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission. The Trinidad and Tobago Securities and Exchange Commission has not in any way evaluated the merits of the securities offered hereunder and any representation to the contrary is an offense.
The Calypso Macro Index Fund is a closed-end mutual fund, which will provide investors with an opportunity to mirror the macroeconomic landscape of Trinidad and Tobago in each single unit by investing in the local stock market and global energy companies.
The Fund offers investors the opportunity to:
1) Realize instant diversification - At inception, each Unit will comprise a combination of sixteen (16) key locally listed companies as well as close to one hundred (100) energy companies from across the globe. Each Unit will provide a well-diversified portfolio, which otherwise would not be easily attainable by individual and institutional investors.
2) Invest in a quick and convenient way without the administrative or record keeping burdens normally associated with the direct ownership of such a wide array of local and international securities.
The objective of the Fund is to provide Unitholders the opportunity to invest, through equities (stocks), in the macroeconomic framework of Trinidad & Tobago through each Unit.
The portfolio will be constructed to match or track the components of a market index, which in this case, is a weighted combination of all securities on the All T&T Index on the TTSE and a Global Energy Index. In the 2015 Budget, Energy vs Non-Energy revenue measured 35:65; the Fund will mirror this distribution as follows:
- 35%: Funds traded on Global Energy Index
- 65%: Securities listed on the All T&T Index
Subscribing to the fund
Persons with existing brokerage accounts who wish to subscribe would need to present the following:
- A valid form of Identification - T&T Passport OR - Drivers Permit and Birth Certificate OR - National ID card and Birth Certificate
- A recent Bank Statement, as proof of account number - only local savings and chequing accounts will be accepted
- A completed Subscription form - available at any of the participating brokerage houses
- A Trinidad and Tobago Central Depository (TTCD) account number - stockbroking account
Opening a brokerage account
If you do not have a brokerage account you will be required to provide the following:
- Two valid forms of identification (DP/ID/PP)
- Proof of address - a utility bill or bank statement (no more than 3 months old)
- A completed TTCD Agreement Form - available at any of the participating brokerage houses
|First Citizens Brokerage and Advisory Services Limited
17 Wainwright Street,
Trinidad & Tobago
Tel: 1 (868) 623-4206/7815
Fax: (868) 627-7111
Manager: Mr. Leslie St. Louis
|Bourse Brokers Limited
Second Floor, 24 Mulchan Seuchan Road,
Telephone: 1 (868) 665-5755
General Manager: Mr. Donavan Mullings
|JMMB Securities (T&T) Limited
169 Tragarete Road, Port of Spain.
Telephone: 1 (868) 627-1155
General Manager: Mr. Mark Singh
|Caribbean Stockbrokers Limited
67 Independence Square,
Port of Spain.
Managing Director: Mr. Alvin Johnson
|Republic Securities Limited
2nd Floor, Promenade Centre.
72 Independence Square,
Port of Spain.
Telephone: 1(868) 623-0435
Managing Director: Mr. Godfrey Gosein
|West Indies Stockbrokers Limited
Sweet Briar Place.
8 Sweet Briar Road,
Port of Spain.
Telephone: 1(868) 628-9473
Head: Mr. Adrian Manmohan